ABOUT FAIRVIEW, TX
The Town of Fairview was incorporated in 1958 with a population of 50. Since that time, it has grown steadily to today's population of almost 9,000. The community is marked by large houses on large lots, expansive open spaces, numerous horse farms, excellent schools, rolling hills, vast hardwoods, beautiful creeks, and the extensive Village at Fairview shopping area and mixed-use center.
A majority of the town is in the Lovejoy Independent School District. The LISD serves over 2800 students in the cities of Fairview and Lucas, plus parts of Allen and Wylie, with three elementary schools, a middle school and Lovejoy High School. Puster Elementary School is located on Stoddard Road in Fairview. The new Sloan Creek Middle School, also in Fairview, is on FM 1378 (Country Club Road). These two schools, the first in Fairview's town limits, opened in August 2008.
The McKinney Independent School District serves the western end of Fairview and a small area in the far northeast. The MISD operates no schools in Fairview itself.